For decades, society has been relying on computers. It is one of the most crucial innovations of all time. There’s not a single day that we are not involved in computers and the internet, thanks to the wires and cables that allow it to function properly. Now imagine using a computer that glitches or shows severe issues. Frustrating. Isn’t it?
Even though computer cables are inevitable for the proper functioning of computers, often we overlook the importance of the cables. Most people turn a deaf ear to the cables but pay more attention to other accessories. However, there are different types of computer cables available today in the market and they come in different sizes and lengths and serve different purposes. Therefore you need to understand their functionalities before introducing them into your system.
What are the Different Types of Computer Cables Available Today?
A computer system consists of several accessories and for their performance, you need different types of cables with different abilities. So you can understand from this that these cables are not just wires for connection, but they have specific purposes to serve.
When you need to transmit high-quality audio and video signals, you need these types of cables which are nothing but High-Definition (HD) Media Interfaces. These cables help in maintaining the quality of the output such as images or videos. To get the right output with the best quality you need to attach these cables to any output device such as a TV, DVD, Projector, Monitor, Media Streamers, etc.
VGA Cables or Video Graphics rays are used to send video signals and to display information on the monitor. It has three rows and a total of 15 pins, each row containing 5 pins. In the computer system, it is used to connect the monitor and the CPU of a computer. Additionally, it is also used in HD televisions.
Ethernet cables are computer network cables and are used for wired networks. The length and durability of these cables speak about their quality. For instance, the longer the cable, the poorer its quality. They consist of eight wires, come in different colours and look like a phone cable. In the computer system, these are plugged into the Ethernet port on the motherboard. It is also connected to the monitors and switches.
USB or Universal Serial Bus cables are standard cables and are used for short-distance digital communication. It is used to connect personal computers and helps in transferring digital data. In the computer system, it is connected to the USB port, mouse and keyboard. However, these days USB cables are also used to charge devices like trimmers, bluetooth speakers and more.
PS/2 cables are standard cables and are long. They have a round connector and have a total of 6 pins. In addition to length, it comes in 2 sizes- smaller and larger. In the computer system, they are used to connect the mouse and keyboard.
DVI Cables are different types of computer cables. These cables help users enjoy high image quality. They come in two different shapes- digital and analogue. The DVI digital has only a flat pin whereas DVI analog has a flat with four pins. In the computer system, they are used to connect the video card and the LCD monitor as well as transmit digital and analogue signals.
5mm Audio Cable
5 mm audio cables are used in computer audio applications. In the computer system, it is used for connecting PC sound cards, headphones, earphones, mini-stereo audio devices, etc. Besides, it comes in three colours, each having its different functions, namely:
- The green port is for headphones and computer speakers.
- Pink port for microphones.
- Blue port for MP3 player and DVD player.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Computer Cables
Who doesn’t want the perfect quality computer cables? But be it HDMI cables or db9 cables for computers, not everyone lives the dream due to lack of knowledge. Yes, the major reason behind this is not putting much thought when purchasing cables for computers. So to help you, here are some best tips to follow when purchasing computer cables :
- One of the main things to consider when purchasing computer cables is to check the version. You need to make sure you’re purchasing the correct version as there are different cables available, each with different features and capabilities. For instance, HDMI cables are best for 4K video.
- Select the cable that comes with reliability. When purchasing, remember an expensive one won’t guarantee you durability, because the low costs are reliable too.
- The next thing is the length which you need to choose wisely like the other specifications which we have already discussed earlier. So what should you choose- long cables, short cables or moderate ones? That’s difficult to choose because there are a variety of choices available today which can confuse you! It’s better to go for the moderate ones to be on the safer side.
- If you watch carefully through the digital platforms, forums, etc. then you’ll get to explore numerous reviews across those online channels. So, before buying any particular type of cable, check its reviews properly and then go for it if you are satisfied. Also, make sure to ask different people about their opinions about that particular cable.
Purchase the Best Quality Cables for a Hassle-Free Experience
All things considered, if you’re looking for the best quality computer cables, then we at SF Cable are the leading provider of technology products. We are stocked with a wide range of superior quality items such as db9 cables, adapters, converters, network cables, and other accessories.
What makes us different from others is that we prioritize quality over pricing. Besides, our team focuses on nothing but providing exceptional and excellent customer service. Therefore, you can rely on us for superior quality products and top-notch services.
For more interesting articles, visit Empire News Wire